The position listed below is open and available to all qualified candidates. Any individuals interested in submitting their application for candidacy should do so in writing. All submissions should identify the position. Please forward all resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The Intake Specialist contributes to IHC’s mission and goals of client satisfaction, quality of care, cost competitiveness and productivity by ensuring efficient handling of all client income documentation, front-office paper work, charts and billing. The Intake Specialist works closely with the other front office staff to provide customer service to clients in the lobby and on the phone, and complete billing paperwork and daily reports integral to monitoring the overall effectiveness of the clinic. Intake Specialist acts as a navigator and has advanced knowledge on how to navigate the entire clinic process flow; applies this knowledge to determine the eligibility for the various Medicaid and WIC services and sliding fee scales.
- Greets clients and visitors to clinic and assists with check in process.
- Makes appointments and educates clients regarding documents they will need to provide at the time of service.
- Answers phones and accurately direct calls.
- Accurately enters, maintains and retrieves data on IHC’s computer system.
- Uses and maintains electronic medical record, accurately assembling income documents, and ensuring client information is up to date and complete.
- Assists in timely completion of daily Batches, including migrant worker Batches, ensuring all information is complete and accurate on the superbill and that all supporting documents are attached.
- Assists in running daily Variance Report.
- Determines eligibility and signs up eligible clients for Medicaid or Medicare part D, refers eligible clients to WIC programs.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Intake Specialist II requires expert knowledge of a wide body of income eligibility rules in addition to verification, application, and documentation procedures and requirements; Intake Specialist requires specialized knowledge of various Medicaid application processes, medical billing practices, electronic medical records, and IHC’s policies and procedures.
Logic and Analysis – Able to:
- Think logically and analytically
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic mathematics
Communication – Able to:
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Interact with a diverse population with a wide range of educational levels including children
- Maintain effective working relationships with physicians, other employees and patients
- Demonstrate positive customer service skill
- Resolve conflicts, think creatively and negotiate solutions
- Demonstrate positive customer service skills in person and over the phone
· Work well in a team environment and as part of a team
Intake Functions: Able to:
- Learn and follow standard work practices/procedures – every time – without variation or error
- Follow established routines, requiring occasional modifications in procedure
- Train others on intake functions and standard work
- Demonstrate proficiency in patient scheduling, including procedures for walk-ins, overbooking, and rescheduling
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge about Medicaid and Medicare requirements
- Counsel clients on the advantages and services provided by Medicaid
- Recognize, troubleshoot, and/or alert others to potential scheduling conflicts or problems
- Take initiative; prioritize, organize tasks and time; follow up
Work Product: Able to:
- Demonstrate high detail orientation and accuracy
- Perform responsibilities accurately, efficiently and timely
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Able to juggle multiple requests and meet multiple deadlines
Process Improvement – Able to:
· Follow standard work procedures
· Participate in process improvement projects as required
- Participate in high performing work teams; maintain a team approach to problem solving
Technology –Demonstrate office equipment and computer skills, including data entry; Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and electronic health records, eCW, etc
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from a standard high school, or equivalent. One (1) year of prior experience in an office or health related position. Related education can substitute for experience. Spanish skills required.