Indiana Health Centers, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services.
The position listed below is open and available to all qualified candidates. Any individuals interested in submitting their application for candidacy should do so in writing. All submissions should identify the position. Please forward all resumes and cover letters to:
By mail: Indiana Health Centers, Inc
8003 Castleway Drive Indianapolis, IN 46250
By fax: (317) 576-1339
By email: email@example.com
The Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist contributes to IHC’s mission and goals of client satisfaction, quality of care, cost competitiveness and productivity by ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices, payroll and general ledger postings related to financial and personnel record keeping to assist in assuring the financial viability of Indiana Health Centers.
The Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist works with Fiscal staff to ensure that invoices and payroll are processed accurately and efficiently for the benefit of staff and vendors.
Evaluation of performance
Performance will be evaluated based on meeting specific goals, productivity measures, employee satisfaction scores and other quality indicators established for this position such as: IHC strategic objectives; site strategic objectives; functional capabilities; leadership and/or employee capability; IHC commitments, quality measures, and productivity measures.
Application of knowledge
Requires knowledge of professional accounting and auditing concepts, principles, and methods, plus knowledge of IHC business practices.
- Maintains and updates recurring payables listing.
- Completes all requests for payment forms.
- Completes all functions necessary to maintain accounts payable, including calculating, posting, and verification to obtain primary financial data.
- Investigates questionable invoice items, prices, or signatures.
- Working with IHC Practice Managers to resolve.
- Researches and resolves accounts payable issues with vendors.
- Assembles invoices for payment including:
- Verification of all calculations, extensions and totals,
- Calculation of discounts, where applicable,
- Verification of all coding for accuracy,
- Checking vendor files for previous payments,
- Assigning voucher numbers,
- Packing slips and purchase order copies
- Prepares vouchers according to accounting policies and procedures.
- Processes weekly checks due to vendors.
- Maintains files of vouchers, invoices, and correspondence.
- Posts details of business transactions.
- Prepares, enters and reconciles batches.
- Prepares accounts payable aging analysis.
- Prepares all data input forms for the accounts payable and general ledger postings.
- Performs monthly and year-end processes.
- Compiles, prepares and types periodic financial reports.
- Maintains Paylocity payroll system.
- Maintain payroll processes and related records, including electronic time sheets, personnel actions, payroll withholdings and travel and miscellaneous expense reimbursements.
- Summarize, verify, and transmit payroll data; assemble and distribute bi-weekly payroll; prepare periodic reports of employee time, payroll, and fringe benefit information.
- Works with Director of Accounting on monthly reports necessary for month-end close.
- Assists with annual financial audit.
- Assists with annual cost report documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job controls and complexity
Processes, procedures, or software may vary from one assignment to the next, although assignments are related in function and objective. Based on assignment, the AP/Payroll Specialist must use diverse but conventional methods, techniques or approaches.
Work product affects accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes.
Critical skills and behaviors
- Demonstrates knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately and quickly perform mathematic calculations.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to establish effective working relationships and to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates high detail orientation and accuracy.
- Takes initiative and needs little supervision.
- Able to prioritize, organize tasks and time, and follow up.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently and completely meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills, including typing and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Paylocity payroll software or equivalent and Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software or equivalent.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent; associate’s degree preferred. Requires 3-5 years’ experience with accounts payable and/or processing payroll. Paylocity and Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred.
Physical demands and work environment
Must be able to operate general office equipment, including computers, telephone, etc.
Work is non-strenuous with low risk. Work is primarily sedentary with some walking, standing and carrying of light objects. Work takes place in an office environment with adequate lighting, ventilation and heat where normal precautions must be observed.