Bilingual Receptionist/Office Assistant
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The Receptionist/Office Assistant contributes to IHC’s mission and goals of client satisfaction, quality of care, and productivity by providing efficient and effective administrative support within the department and excellent customer service to all visitors or callers in both English and Spanish. The Receptionist/Office Assistant works with the administrative staff to ensure phone calls, mail, reports and other documents are processed accurately and efficiently for the benefit of staff and clients.
Acts as a navigator and has thorough knowledge on how to navigate a client, customer, or caller through to the right person at the right time in the right place. Highly trained in customer service and follow-up, the Receptionist/Office Assistant requires expert knowledge and experience on IHC’s organizational structure, functions, and communications protocol. Has practical knowledge of standard reception and office assistant/clerical procedures, together with knowledge of the basic IHC objectives and processes, procedures, policies. Applies knowledge to document and follow standard work procedures and alert others when there are deviations, variations, or errors in the reception standard work.
- Greets and assists office visitors, as needed.
- Answers phones appropriately and professionally; accurately routes calls and/or records messages.
- Assists with Spanish speaking callers.
- Files and retrieves documents and reference materials from paper and/or computer filing system.
- Opens and sorts, stamps and distributes USPS mail and UPS/FedEx packages.
- Updates board mailing labels and prepares envelopes for all board mailings.
- Assists with preparation of routine and special mailings both small and large.
- Oversees Central Filing System, files documents and reference material and purges files as appropriate.
- Types correspondence, memoranda, reports on typewriter or word processor, as applicable.
- Updates Asset Tag Inventory spreadsheet
- Updates Document Management database/Recall
- Data Entry of MIS COP and WIC geographic information into AS400 system
- Acts as backup for mail room
- Other duties as assigned.DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Communication – Able to:
- Logic and Analysis – Able to think logically and analytically.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Interact with a diverse population with a wide range of educational levels
- Maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Demonstrate positive customer service skill
- Resolve conflicts, think creatively and negotiate solutions
- Demonstrate positive customer service skills
- Receptionist Functions: Able to:
- Learn and follow standard work practices/procedures – every time – without variation or error
- Follow established routines, requiring occasional modifications in procedure
- Train others on receptionist functions and standard work
- Recognize, troubleshoot, and/or alert others to potential conflicts or problems
- Work Product: Able to:
- Demonstrate high detail orientation and accuracy
- Perform responsibilities accurately, efficiently and timely
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Participate in high performing work teams; maintain a team approach to problem solving
- Able to juggle multiple requests and meet multiple deadlines
Technology –Demonstrate office equipment and computer skills, including data entry; Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and electronic health records, eCW, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. One (1) to three (3) years of experience in secretarial or clerical position. At least one (1) year prior experience in telephone reception, filing, and use of office machines and computers. Must be able to speak, read and write in both Spanish and English.
[contact-form-7 id=”1840″ title=”Bilingual Receptionist/Office Assistant”]