*click here to return to OPEN POSITIONS
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The Office Manager contributes to IHC’s mission and goals of client satisfaction, quality of care, cost competitiveness and productivity by ensuring the front office staff and processes operate efficiently and effectively to ensure that clients are well cared for and the whole clinic runs smoothly. The Office Manager functions in a management and supervisory role to train and manage staff, develop procedures and systems for front office processes and ensure that the front office staff and processes interface effectively with the rest of the staff and services offered at the clinic. The Office Manager’s work has a major impact on day-to-day operation of the clinic, with substantial responsibility for decisions and final recommendations.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires thorough knowledge of an extensive body of rules and/or laws, precedents and procedures applicable to administrative support work along with knowledge of IHC’s structure, goals, and specialized terminology:
• Orients and trains staff on procedures, equipment and customer service skills.
• Performs job reviews and provides on-going staff development.
• Negotiates and resolves problems for clients or staff.
• Ensures smooth interface of front office with clients, clinic staff, providers and visitors.
• Supervises and participates in determination of client eligibility for program or other assistance.
• Supervises staff responsible for daily client service documentation (daily packet).
• Models a team approach to work relationships and tasks.
Policy and Procedure Development:
• Develops and supervises clinic reception and external communication systems.
• Develops and implements client appointment system.
• Develops implements and monitors the patient fee collecting system.
• Maintains responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of the daily packet and variance reports.
• Oversees front office modules in the electronic medical records
Logic and Analysis– Able to:
• Demonstrate creativity and ingenuity when developing processes and problem-solving.
• Think logically and analytically
• Demonstrate problem solving, decision-making, and trend analysis skill
• Draw evidenced-based conclusions; recommends and implements evidenced-based solutions
• Demonstrate proficiency in basic mathematics
Communication – Able to:
• Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills and can effectively communicate with diverse workforce
• Cooperate with a multidisciplinary team
• Resolve conflicts and influence and persuade others
• Demonstrate superb customer service skills
• Demonstrate expert telephone skills – answering, routing, announcing calls; taking messages
Office Management – Able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge of effective office management skills and broad administrative oversight skills
• Develop policies and administrative procedures of moderate difficulty and complexity according to general instructions
• Understand and implement basic clinic practices, techniques and methods
• Develop procedures of moderate difficulty and complexity according to general instructions
• Operate within budget
• Coach and lead others on administrative support tasks and customer service requirements
General Administrative and Management – Able to:
• Take initiative and need little supervision
• Prioritize, organize tasks and time, and follow up and assist staff in prioritizing and organizing their tasks and time.
• Juggle multiple requests and meet multiple deadlines
• Consistently meets deadlines.
• Able to resolve conflicts or differences in opinions
• Demonstrate high detail orientation and accuracy.
• Develop high performing work teams; maintain a team approach to problem solving
• Demonstrate effective supervisory skills: recruiting, mentoring, disciplining, and developing
• Demonstrates understanding of federal and state employment laws, practices, and procedures as they pertain to employee relations
Process Improvement – Able to:
• Anticipate and resolve and/or alert others to problems with projects or processes.
• Analyze work flow and implement process improvements where necessary
• Document and follow standard work procedures
• Lead and/or participate in process improvement projects
Technology –proficient in computer skills, including typing and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, eCW, etc.
The Front Office Manager carries out work the minimal supervision (i.e., the Practice Manager sets only goals, priorities, and deadlines) and modifies or extends written guidelines that do not cover all situations and problems. The Practice Manager provides direction on methods only for unprecedented work. Processes and procedures vary from one assignment to the next, although assignments are related in function and objective. Based on assignment, Front Office Manager must use diverse but conventional methods, techniques or approaches. Work affects overall efficiency and image of Indiana Health Centers.
Associates Degree in related field with Bachelor Degree preferred. Two (2) years prior experience in health insurance or in billing and collection, preferably in the health care field, including at least one (1) year of management or supervisory experience. Experience can substitute for education. Spanish-speaking skills preferred.