*Click here to return to OPEN POSITIONS
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The Clinic Nurse contributes to IHC’s mission and goals of client satisfaction, quality of care, cost competitiveness and productivity by providing quality nursing care to clients. The Clinic Nurse works with the clinic staff and providers to ensure the day-to-day operation of the clinic is efficient and productive.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires knowledge of professional nursing and public health concepts, principles and methods, together with extended clinical experience. Knowledge permits the Clinic Nurse to plan steps, carry out multi-phase projects, coordinate work with others, and modify techniques to solve a wide range of problems.
- Prepares medical and immunization histories.
- Takes and records vital signs and other physical data.
- Makes nursing assessment of patient’s conditions.
- Follows standing orders in dispensing medications.
- Prepares patients for examination by the physician.
- Assists physician in examining room, demonstrates understanding of theories and practices in public health nursing.
- Demonstrates some knowledge of basic clinic practices, techniques and methods of operation.
- Demonstrates skill in the use of standard medical examination instruments and equipment.
- Able to develop and implement clinical procedures of moderate difficulty and complexity according to general instructions.
- Able to juggle multiple requests and meet multiple deadlines.
- Able to prioritize, organize tasks and time for self and others and to follow up. Takes initiative and needs little supervision.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills and can interact with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships with clients, IHC employees and providers.
Demonstrates high detail orientation and accuracy.
Able to work well in a team environment and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic mathematics.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic computer and typing skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, supplemented by some experience in public health nursing, and LPN or RN license in the State of Indiana.